The Lünersee circular trail is the ideal hike for families and offers fantastic views of the Lünersee and the Rätikon mountains.
Distance 7.7 km
The tour starts with the ascent with the Lünerseebahn. Once at the top, the Lünersee circular trail starts directly at the mountain station. The circular trail can be walked in both directions. If you start clockwise, there is a short climb at the beginning and the rest of the route is only downhill or flat around the lake. In the opposite direction, the descent awaits you at the end. A stop halfway at the Alpe Lünersee or at the beginning or end of the hike at the Douglass Hut is worthwhile. Return to the valley with the Lünerseebahn.
The Lünersee circular trail with counterclockwise start is suitable for strollers up to Alpe Lünersee.
Update: August 30, 2021
Rest StopDouglass Hütte
Safety informationEMERGENCY CALL
140 Alpine emergencies Austria-wide
144 Alpine emergencies Vorarlberg
112 Euro-emergency call (works with any mobile phone/network)
ParkingLünerseebahn valley station, Brand
32T 557330 5212856
EquipmentStrong footwear, warm clothing, rain and sun protection and hiking poles are recommended. Cell phone for emergencies.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view